St. Alban's Episcopal Church was founded in 1954 as the Church of the Advent, a mission of the Diocese of Virginia. It met in the Annandale Grange Hall on Annandale Road. In 1955 the church became St. Alban's, and the first structure on the current site was begun. It was dedicated in 1956 and the rectory was completed in 1959. In 1960 the church gained parish status. An enlargement of the church structure, enhanced school facilities, and the parish hall were completed and dedicated in 1962. A renovation of the narthex and entryway was completed in January, 2009.